Are you looking for help because you took the first abortion pill but now you aren’t sure you want to go through with the abortion anymore? There is protocol called abortion pill reversal, but it is time sensitive. You should start the reversal in 24 to 72h after taking the first abortion pill. Here is what you can expect when you come to Lifeline for an abortion reversal. (If you are unable to come to Lifeline, call the hotline of Heartbeat International at (877) 558 0333. They will help you find another clinic near you that offers this service.)
Steps To Follow And What You Should Expect
For an abortion pill reversal at Lifeline:
- Call us at (660) 665 5688 or the national hotline at (877) 558 0333.
- When you arrive at the clinic, one of our nurses will perform an ultrasound to check whether the pregnancy is still viable. If not, we will refer you to your physician for follow-up care. If the developing baby is fine, you will be given your first dose of progesterone.
- Are you allergic to peanuts? Please let us know immediately as progesterone tablets contain peanut oil. Alternative options are available.
- Once you have taken the first dose of progesterone, you will need to take a second dose within 24 hours and you will be asked to come back for a repeat ultrasound in three days.
- Following your second ultrasound to make sure the pregnancy is still ongoing, you will be prescribed more progesterone to take until the end of the first trimester of pregnancy.
We want to make sure that you will be well taken care of. For this reason and because the process is time sensitive, two staff members will always be on call even on weekends.
Do you have more questions about the abortion pill reversal protocol? Check out this FAQ for answers.
What About After The Reversal?
Now that you decided to continue your pregnancy, what’s next? Maybe you still don’t feel ready to raise a child. Whether you choose to parent or to make an adoption plan, you have options at Lifeline. All our services are available to you at no cost and include parenting classes, material support, confidential counseling sessions, adoption referrals and more. We are here for you every step of the way.